Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bird Nerd

I love finches! We get so many kinds of finches, but I think my favourites are the purple finches. The have such lively little personalities...I love watching them splashing around in the bird bath like little motorboats :)

And the males always bring their wives along with them, I like that ;)





And this little red-headed devil showed up yesterday. Hadn't seen him in awhile...



I fuss over birds the way that some women fuss over babies...what does that say about me? lol

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The red bellied woodpecker is always nice to see. I have a pair of them here. They decided to stay over winter.

Kyna said...

That would be lovely!

They tend to stop by my yard more in the sporingtime for some reason. My neighbour has a massive old pecan tree that they prefer to stop in, it's hard for me to compete ;)

Thank you for stopping by my blog!

Jayne said...

I have a red-bellied as well, possibly two. He/she/they seem to like our pine tree -- and the telephone pole behind our house!

Kyna said...

That's my problem, not enough trees! I have to lure them in with suet treats lol.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I love birds too and get so excited when they're at the feeders. My family is used to me making them look outside, luckily at least my little one gets excited with me. :)

Kyna said...

Haha! :D It helps when people are excited with you. My husband is as big of a bird nerd as I am, so I'm lucky :D