Saturday, November 12, 2011

Moon Over North Carolina

Took this pic of the full moon the other night from my front porch.



I read in the Old Farmer's Almanac that November's full moon was traditionally called the Full Beaver Moon.

"November's full Moon was called the Beaver Moon because it was the time to set traps, before the waters froze over."

Did I nod my head and appreciate this interesting bit of information?

No.

I laughed. Of course I laughed!

'Full Beaver Moon' doesn't sound dirty to anyone else?

Just me?

Oh, ok.

7 comments:

Liz said...

Hi Kyna,

I don't think you're the only one sniggering at Beaver :)

Turling said...

Yep. That's a full beaver moon if I've ever seen one. Now, where's my beaver?? Need to send the kids out to play, me thinks...

Kyna said...

Liz: Thank God someone else finds it funny. I posted something on Facebook about it and all I heard was the sound of crickets.

Turling: If you can't keep track of your beaver, I can't help you. You should have set a trap, just like the Farmer's Almanac said. Now you'll have to chase it down.

Jess said...

Wait a second... I thought you just made that up. full beaver moon indeed.

Kyna said...

HAHA! I didn't! That's why I posted the quote from the Old Farmer's Almanac :D

It's not like when I tell people crazy things about Canada that aren't true and they believe me and tell other people because they have no idea...

I mean,....never mind :D

Jayne said...

Hahaha! Well if your mind is in the gutter, then so is mine because I thought exactly what you were thinking. It *was* an awesome moon though.

John Going Gently said...

Did I post a comment before this one? I think I did.? I have just forgotten!!!