I suppose waiting for daffodils bloom is like watching paint dry. But way more fun :D
Every day when I wake up I wonder if they've bloomed yet. I have to look out the front door window and see if the metaphorical curtain has risen.
These daffodils were the first bulbs I planted when I moved here. So they have a soft spot in my silly heart :)
I'm actually not a huge fan of yellow flowers. I don't know why...yellow is such a sunny colour. I'm a sunny sort of person.
But something about a daffodil gets me. Mine smell beautiful. The structure of a daffodil is bizarre. And they're treated as such a commonplace spring flower. Nothing commonplace about them in my opinion! :)
You guys will be the first to find out when one finally squeezes out a flower, I'll be so excited lol.
What flower do you most anticipate blooming in your garden? (no copping out- "all of them" goes without saying! lol)
*cue Monty Python*
And now for something completely different. :D
Pam of Pam's English Garden has posted a few of the things that make her happy. And she has given me a Happiness Award because she says my blog makes her so. Click on the link above to see her awesome blog, and find out what makes her happy!
There are supposed to be some rules: You must link to the blog giving the award, list 10 things which make you happy, and pass the award on to other bloggers who make you happy. I'm not big on rules, but if you have the time to do this, I'd love to see your post!
In no particular order:
1. Making people laugh. I'll do most anything (legal) for a laugh :D If someone is sad, I won't give up till I make them crack a smile.
2. Going on picnics with Mr. A. We have some of our best talks in the park over wine and sandwiches.
3. Playing soccer or Gaelic football. I don't feel like I have many true talents, but playing those sports is one of them.
5. Touring garden centers. I'm at the same ones every weekend from February till the end of November. Even when I don't have the money to buy anything. I think they think I'm casing the joint. :P
6. Sunshine makes me incredibly happy.
7. Led Zeppelin :D. Well, music in general.
8. Cary Grant movies.
9. Cooking crazy things for my husband and friends. I love hanging out with people. I'm definitely not a hermit.
10. Walking around my yard every afternoon. I love seeing the moment a new shoot bursts out of a branch or out of the ground.
These are a few of the newer blogs on Blotanical that are currently making me happy and that I enjoy reading, and deserve to be noticed!
Children of the Corm by Jess
The Idiot Gardener by IG
Peace in the Valley by Florida Girl
Green and Serene by Jayne
Rambling Chicken by ChickenFreak