Friday, July 30, 2010

Blog Feature Friday ~ "Here On The Prairies"

Over the last couple of weeks, I took some time to check out new blogs on Blotanical.

Most of the blogs I like have something in common with the way I write my own blog (duh, right?)

Be sure to follow Here On the Prairies by Prairie Chicken.

She's a hilarious and opinionated Canadian blogger, based out of Winnipeg. You've got to have a sense of humour to live in Winnpeg during the winter.

I've been there. In the winter. I got frostbite just thinking about it.



She has the ability to be funny with a single photo or single sentence. I'm convinced that Prairie Chicken is my sista from anotha mista.

This crafty lady's got balls. Figuratively and literally...she's had some crocheted! Check out her online embroidery shop on Etsy.

I totally want to order a "Make Me A Pie Bitch" tea towel.

She blogs about any subject. Gardening, her various projects, music, weird shit, life, etc. She peppers it with random photos and YouTube videos, which you know I enjoy. It's also peppered with Tales of rrrrrrrrrRibaldry!...



...so be warned if you're sensitive to profanity. But you're not sensitive, are you Dear Readers? Or you wouldn't be reading my blog. :)

If you have the time, it's worth it to skim through her past posts to get a picture of what I'm talking about. On my last day off, that's what I did. And I wasn't disappointed!

Speaking of great YouTube videos, I found a series of awesome ones yesterday that I'm sure lot of people have already seen. But I'm always late to the viral video party. So here's one of them (there are four). Almost spit some coffee out.



"No way!"

"Yaweh."

:D

12 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hey, Kyna! I like to find new blogs too. I'll be sure to check out your sista...she sounds great...and entertaining, which I can never get enough of!

Also, congrats to you and your man on 4 years of freedom!! That's awesome news!!!

Kyna said...

Thanks Kimberly! :D Four years of freedom lol...sounds like we've been released from a Mexican prison for drug trafficking LOL

Prairie Chicken... said...

:) Holla!

Becca's Dirt said...

Good morning. I am a follower of Prairie Chicken and you are right. She is all out there and nothing is too nasty.

Steve Asbell said...

Sassy gay friend was great!
Have you ever watched this show called infomania? If not, hulu it because its HILARIOUS! There's a segment called "thats gay" where this guy riffs on gay portrayal in the media... just watch the whole episodes, they're great.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kyna, It is always fun to discover new weblogs and you have very obviously enjoyed your foray into the world of 'Here On the Prairies'. I think that you are right when you say that we all tend to be drawn to those weblogs where we perceive some similarities and shared interests, but I also do believe that it can make a refreshing change, and be something of an eye opener, to read and follow something which is entirely different.

Curbstone Valley Farm said...

Ha! I never recommend washing cats...with monkeys or otherwise LOL. The elevator tip was mighty handy though :P

Kyna said...

PC: Word. :)

Becca: Glad to see you already have found the magic :D

RG: Thanks for the rec :D I've never heard of that one. I'll definitely check it out!

Edith: You're right :) Variety is the spice of life! That's why the list of blogs I follow is about 5 feet long. And probably 3/4 of those blogs aren't really what I'd call rib-tickling :)

CVF: I washed my cat once when I was a kid. My skin was in shreds. Never did that again.

Now I get my monkey to do it.

:)

Bub said...

Holy shit - you wouldn't catch my cats letting that happen. Not even the stupid one.

Ah, Sassy Gay Friend brings back memories of my cabin crew days.

Great recommendation!

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

LOVE the Sassy Gay Friend videos! My friend got me watching them recently, and I can't get enough of them! Sooo clever!! Thanks for sharing them, and for suggesting this new fun blog!

Have a great weekend!!

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

I should check her blog. Thank you Kyna! Blotanical got so big, it's helpful to have some 'navigation'.

Laura said...

What? Isn't this a G rated blog ;) Thanks for the link!